Learning Objectives and Resources
Incorporate specific instruction on the risk, need, responsivity principle (RNR) and implementation fidelity.
Sample Learning Objectives
- Define the RNR principles in community corrections.
- Describe how the RNR principles can be applied in working with individuals placed on community supervision.
- Demonstrate how to use RNR information on an individual to develop a supervision plan.
- Differentiate between actuarial versus non-actuarial assessment instruments.
- Describe how actuarial assessment tools in community corrections can be likened to assessments in other industries.
- Explain the evolution of risk assessment within community corrections.
- Differentiate between static vs. dynamic risk factors.
- Identify protective factors demonstrated to reduce recidivism.