In this module you will have the opportunity to explore the importance of using a data-driven approach when implementing the Transition from Jail to Community (TJC) model in your community.
This module helps you to use data to examine key questions about reentry:
- What do we need to know about our jail population to improve transition to the community?
- How can we get that information?
- What are the key outcomes we need to track?
This module has five sections:
- The Role of Data in a Reentry Effort
- Data Collection
- Management Information Systems
- Mining the Data
- Terms Used in the Field
By the end of this module, you will be able to
- Explain the importance of a data-driven approach to the TJC model.
- Identify the elements in a data collection process.
- Recognize the barriers to data collection.
- Discuss the benefits of a management information system.