This module provides practical informational to assist you in understanding the importance of having committed leadership with a vision and an organizational culture well-matched to implement and sustain practices consistent with the Transition from Jail to Community model in your community.
This module includes:
- The characteristics of effective leadership
- Creating and transmitting a leadership vision to others
- Understanding your agency's organizational culture and how to guide it in the best interests of sustained TJC efforts
There are six sections in this module:
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Explain how leadership affects the success of the TJC model.
- Identify and engage local leaders in your community.
- Understand the importance of leaders becoming local experts on the TJC model.
- Create a shared vision and mission statement.
- Elicit support among organizational leaders, formal and informal.
- Identify the components of organizational culture that support change.
- Develop tools to empower employees and stakeholders.
- Understand the impact of stakeholder's organizational culture on the culture of the overarching system.